Waivers of Inadmissibility

Waivers of Inadmissibility

People in the United States who are out of status for six months, leave, and then attempt to come back usually face a 3-year waiting period. The waiting period is 10 years for those who were undocumented a year or more.

Our office can help you apply for a waiver of the 3-year or 10-year bar if your spouse or parent is a U.S. citizen or green card holder who would endure extreme hardship without you.

Do not leave the country if you might be eligible for a green card. Consult with an immigration lawyer first. You might be eligible to apply for a waiver of the 3-year or 10-year bar from within the U.S. if this is the only reason that you need a waiver.

You may also need a waiver if you helped an immediate family member enter the U.S. illegally. Certain criminal convictions and for immigration fraud also require a waiver.

Consult with our office to learn more about whether a waiver may be available considering the facts of your case.