T Visa – For Victims of Labor and Sexual Exploitation

T Visa (Victims of Labor Exploitation)

I have extensive experience in obtaining T visas for survivors of work or sexual exploitation (victims of human trafficking). With strong legal support, they and their immediate families today legally live and work in the United States. In addition to four years of legal work permission, the T visa offers:

  • The opportunity to apply for lawful permanent residency (a green card) for qualifying T visa holders.
  • Refugee benefits. These benefits include assistance in the form of money, food credits, and job training.

The T visa helps people who have arrived at or are inside the United States because of human trafficking. It does not always require certification from law enforcement. (In contrast, the U visa application always needs law enforcement certification.)

People who could qualify for the U visa, asylum or refugee status, or other forms of humanitarian relief might find the T visa application process faster because the waiting time for T visa is often less than for these other forms of relief.

Since 2007, I have helped more than 150 victims of human trafficking obtain T visas. After their successful applications for T visa status, I have helped them achieve green cards. I have also helped hundreds of their spouses and children obtain visas to immigrate to the United States.

Most of these victims were inside the United States on work visas, including:

  • H-2A visas.
  • H-2B visas.
  • H-1B visas.
  • J-1 visas.
  • E-2 visas.
  • F-1 visas.
  • B-2 visas.

Does your visa tie you to an abusive employer? Are you unable to obtain the money to return home? Are you trapped by debt because of money you borrowed in order to come work legally in the U.S.? If the answer to any of these questions is yes I may be able to help you obtain a T visa.

You might be a J-1 cultural exchange visitor stuck in a low-paying job without the promised cultural opportunities. Your employer may not be honoring your contact under the H-2B, H-2A, and E-2 programs. Your F-1 sponsor may be exploiting you for labor, instead of allowing you to pursue the studies for which you came to the U.S. If any of these situations describe you, or if you just feel trapped in an exploitative situation because of your vulnerable immigration status, you may be eligible for a T visa.

I have also been able to help individuals who, when represented by other attorneys, have had their T visa applications denied reapply for a T visa or appeal the denial decision.
With additional experience in employment law, I am able to defend the rights of exploited employees. Contact me to discuss your situation.